søndag 7. august 2011

VACATION!!!!

It has been vacation time. And we have had the most fantastic, phenominal, fabulous vacation. When we planned the vacation, the goal was to see Yellowstone national park. This has been a dream of mine for many years. We combined Yellowstone with a weeks ranch vacation. This idea came through some friends, although their choise of ranch is completely different (more in a future post).

Yellowstone was the first national park ever, and it is obvious why someone thought of preserving it for all future.
Hotsrping at west thumb

I will share a few pictures with you from our vacation, but it is not at all possible to show the beatifull landscapes, the atmosphere, the wonderfull weather, the impressions ...... I can highly recommed a trip there!

Bison just after entering!

Mammoth hot spring

Overnight in West Yellowstone


Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

After Yellowstone we went out through the Grand Teton national park - which I think is less known but not less beatifull., At the Tetons we saw the biggest moose one can imagine. I think they were as big as elephants but my family claims I overestimate them a bit.....

Moose in the afternoon

Viwe from the Grand Teton national park

Part two and three contains snapshots from the ranch part of our vacation and from the quilting shopping day I had at the end of the vacation. Stay tunes :O)

2 kommentarer:

  1. beautiful photos and I am glad that you had a wonderful time. I miss that country so much when I am not there and always love to go back.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    SvarSlett

Velkommen :o)